Charlie at The Worm Hole is hosting the tenth – yes, tenth! – annual What’s In A Name challenge, originally started by Annie, then handed to Beth Fish Reads and now continued by Charlie. For full details go to the sign-up post.
The challenge runs from January to Defcember. During this time you choose a book to read from each of the following categories. (Charlie’s examples of books you could choose are in brackets – translations and other languages most definitely count!):
- A number in numbers (84, Charing Cross Road; 12 Years A Slave; 31 Dream Street)
- A building (The Old Curiosity Shop; I Capture The Castle; House Of Shadows; The Invisible Library; Jamaica Inn)
- A title which has an ‘X’ somewhere in it (The Girl Next Door; The Running Vixen)
- A compass direction (North and South; Guardians Of The West; The Shadow In The North; NW)
- An item/items of cutlery (The Subtle Knife; Our Spoons Came From Woolworths)
- A title in which at least two words share the same first letter – alliteration! (The Great Gatsby; The Luminous Life Of Lilly Aphrodite; Gone Girl; The Cuckoo’s Calling)