It's the third year that I participate in this challenge, I love cozy mystery genre This year there are some changes that make it even more fun
Cruisin' thru the Cozies Reading Challenge is hosted by Yvonne at Socrates' Book Reviews.
Level one (Snoop) - Read one book in each of these cozy sub-genres (total of 10 books)
- One from culinary (anything dealing with food: restaurants, baked goods, etc.)
- One from animal related (cats, dogs, birds, etc.)
- One from craft related (any kind of hobbies - knitting, crocheting, scrapbooking, etc.)
- One from paranormal (witches, vampires, etc.)
- One from British cozy mysteries (example: Belinda Lawrence series)
- One career-based cozy mystery (housekeeping, wedding planner, etc.)
- One holiday based (set during any holiday - Christmas, Thanksgiving, Valentines, etc.)
- One travel mystery (character could be on a cruise, touring another area, etc.)
- One historical mystery (any mystery not set in the present)
- One is your choice! (freebie!)
Level two (Investigator) - Read all the books in level one plus an additional 10 cozy books of your choice (total of 20)
Level three (Super Sleuth) - Read two books from each sub-genre in level one plus an additional 10 cozy books of your choice (total of 30 books)
Level four (Sleuth Extraordinaire) - Read two books from each sub-genre in level one plus an additional 20 cozy books of your choice (total of 40 books)
Here are the rules...
1. The challenge runs from January 1, 2017 and ends December 31, 2017.
2. You don't have to choose your books in advance. If you do, you can change your list at any time during the year. Books can overlap with other challenges.
3. Books can be in any format - paper, audio, ebooks...it all counts!
4. You don't have to post a review, but I'm sure others would love to know about the books you are reading and may even want to add it to their reading lists.
NOTE: If you don't have a blog and want to participate, that's fine. You don't have to have a blog, just post in the comments section as you finish books. If you belong to a site like Goodreads and review the books there, that's fine too. Just leave us the link. I also have a group for this challenge on Goodreads and you can sign up here.
5. If you do have a blog, take the button above, put it on your blog and post about the challenge. Then add your name to Mr. Linky here. Please use the link of your challenge post, not the link to your home page.
6. I'm going to have one link for signing up, one link for completed reviews and one link for your wrap up posts. I won't be having a monthly link, just one for all reviews read for this challenge.
ADDENDUM: (I'm adding one more thing for those who aren't sure they want to read some of the sub-genres.)
7. If you can't find or don't want to read a certain sub-genre, you can switch it out for another one of your choice. However, this can only be done one time.
I am shooting for Level 4 – Sleuth Extraordinaire.