It's the fifth year of The Eclectic Reader Challenge, I have only partecipated in the last two challenge. Last year I have read only 7 books of 12, this year I hope to finish it.
The goal is to push us out of that comfort zone by reading up to 12 books during the year from 12 different categories.
- The challenge will run from January 1st to December 31st 2016. Participants may join at any time up until December 1st 2016
- Create a blog post committing to your participation in this challenge.
* If you don’t have a blog you are still welcome to sign up. You can create a shelf for the challenge at Goodreads or LibraryThing or a similar site Just include your name and a link to your shelf.
- Select, read and review a book from each category listed below during the year for a total of 12 books. A book may be in print, electronic or audio format.
* You can choose your books as you go or create a list in advance. You may combine this challenge with others if you wish.
* Where a book is identified by more than one genre eg historical romance, it may only count for either the historical fiction or romantic fiction genres – not both.
* You can read your chosen titles in any order, at any pace, just complete the challenge by December 31st 2016 to be eligible for the prize drawing.
- A book about books (fiction or nonfiction)
- Serial killer thriller
- Paranormal romance
- A novel set on an island
- Investigative journalism (non fiction)
- Disaster fiction
- Steampunk sci fi
- Any book shortlisted for the Man Booker Prize
- Psychology (non fiction)
- Immigrant Experience fiction
- YA historical fiction
- A debut author in 2016
- Each time you read and review a book as part of this challenge, make sure you identify it by adding either a direct statement and /or the challenge image badge to the post. If you tweet use the tag #eclecticreader or @bookdout
- Share your review with other challenge participants by posting your name/blog name and title of the book with a direct link to your review in the Linky.